Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Family Vacation: Marco Island, Florida!



You all know from my last post that I love to travel.  

I thought my summer trips were finished after my weekend in Galveston for Kim's bachelorette party in June and my wonderful trip to Chicago with Ashley in July, but I was in for one more getaway! 

We managed to squeeze in an unexpected family vacation between my sister finishing sorority rush and starting classes again yesterday at OU.  The destination? Marco Island, Florida, for a few days in paradise!

I highly recommend where we stayed- The Marco Beach Ocean Resort.  Wonderful accommodations, right on the water, beautiful views, friendly staff... and the free smoothies at 3:00 every afternoon and delicious happy hour options weren't bad either! We also went right at the start of the off-season, so it wasn't crowded at all... a nice change from some of the packed Florida beaches of past vacations!

We spent our days working on our tans and dipping in the warm, calm water... tough life, right? : ) At night we checked out several nearby restaurants and also dined at the hotel's restaurant, which was absolutely delicious. My dad and sister went on a waverunner adventure and had a blast.  We spent part of our last day doing a little shopping in Naples before it was time to head back to reality.







































Someone asked me what the highlight of the trip was, and I couldn't pinpoint one specific activity or day. This was my ideal vacation, full of relaxation with my family! When I was lying on a lounge chair on the pristine sand, listening to the waves crashing as I got lost in a good book and sipped a fruity drink, all I could think was that this was perfection.   



Thanks, mom and dad, for a wonderful vacation! You are never too old to spend time with your family, and I don't think I'll ever get tired of going to the beach! 

In September I'll head to Kansas for a weekend to visit Ashley and attend the TCU vs. KU football game- Go Frogs! 

I feel like I have to keep this travel momentum going... where should I venture in October?! 

1 comment:

  1. To Los Angeles, CA to visit you BESTEST FRIEND EVER! <3

    ReplyDelete