Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weekend with Morgles in Houston

"Life is partly what we make it, and partly what is made by the friends whom we choose."

This weekend I took a roadtrip to Houston (Manvel/Pearland, to be exact) to visit one of my best friends, Morgan. Morgan went to TCU with me and is one of my closest friends and a former roommate. She moved to Houston back in July to teach middle school band, and though I've seen her several times in DFW, I wanted to see what her life in Houston was like. This weekend was ideal because her 23rd birthday was last week, and we were able to celebrate and have a girls' weekend.

Roadtripping by myself was actually really fun. Getting to Houston is easy, and the weather was beautiful, so I enjoyed the open road, good music, and time for reflecting. I left work a little early on Friday afternoon and arrived at Morgan's apartment a little after 8:00. She showed me her super cute apartment and we went to Los Crucos for some yummy tex-mex. After dinner, we hung out with her co-workers and their boyfriends and played Rock Band. I had never played Rock Band before, but it was so fun! I was on the drums, which was just funny given my brief experience with percussion during college, and we had a great time. Once we got home we just chatted and played with Peaches, Morgan's cat. Peaches is my new BFF! I'm normally not a cat person, but I love cuddly cats who will just lay in your lap and let you pet them!

Saturday we woke up bright and early to get Morg's AC checked out at the dealership, then came back home and got ready for some shopping! After a delicious lunch at the Black Walnut Cafe, we browsed Rice Village for awhile and then headed to the outlet mall. Morgan made some great purchases, including a cute new dress and heels, and I bought a bright pink cardigan...right up my alley, of course. We literally shopped for hours (so fun!) and headed back to Pearland for some yummy sushi! Morgan was always my sushi buddy in Fort Worth while we were at TCU. Edohana was our fave, and I'm thankful that I can now take Ashley there too! : ) After dinner, we continued the fun girls day with Sex and the City 2, wine, and dessert. Doesn't get much better than that! We then stayed up ridiculously late talking about everything and catching up.

Sunday we slept in a bit, watched Teen Mom (so addicting), ate our leftovers, and talked some more. Seriously, I could talk to Morgan for hours! I left a little after 2:00 and got home about 6:30. Great weekend-- just what I needed, and so nice to spend time with a dear friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment