Monday, August 19, 2013

Friendship is a lifelong process


Realization: A large majority of my weekend was spent with friends that I have known for a year-and-a-half or less.  Mostly less.

Woah.

I wish I could go back and tell my 18-year-old self that I had no idea what friendships God had in store for me in the years ahead.  

In high school, I couldn't imagine meeting better friends than the ones I already knew. 

In college, I thought I had formed all of the close friendships I would ever make.

Only now have I come to realize that new, lasting friendships can be formed no matter how old we are. 

Moral of the story- I'm incredibly blessed with friends that I've known for years and years, and with some that I have just met. 

I somehow don't have any photos from Friday night, but I enjoyed a girls night at a winery and then ate Tex-Mex with three lovely ladies from the church I've attended for the past year, where my roomie works.  I hadn't really spent time with two of them before, so it was nice to meet new friends (see?!), and enjoy time with Alyssa, who I've only known since January.  The more we get to know each other, the more we find in common.  I'm glad we've discovered a shared love of blogging and reading others' blogs : )   

After a full Saturday of shopping for apartment items with mom, we went out to celebrate sweet Heather's birthday!  My friendship with Heather was completely unexpected, but she has already enriched my life in so many ways, and I can truly say that she's now one of my closest friends.  


Failed attempt at a group photo...  
a bonus of being Heather's friend= Elyse & Melody!

Sunday brought church and chores like laundry, grocery shopping, packing... and then, the best part- our first community group get-together!  We went bowling, which I'm always happy to do.  
We'll start meeting weekly for fellowship, encouragement, and studying God's word together.  I am so excited to "do life" with these ladies! 



Sami's Shenanigans

No comments:

Post a Comment