Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day 4- Favorite Book

I love reading, even though I don't do it nearly often enough these days. My goal is to change that soon, because there's nothing better than getting lost in a good story and not wanting to put it down. I loved the book "The Five People You Meet in Heaven," but until recently, it was the only Mitch Albom book I have read. Then a good friend recommended "Tuesdays with Morrie," so I borrowed it and absolutely loved it. Few books make me cry, but this one did (in a good way). It's a short book and can easily be read in a day, but I took my time with it. It's one of those books that gives you a whole new perspective and makes you realize exactly what matters in life. You laugh, you think, you ask questions, you cry. It's amazing. There are so many bits of wisdom and amazing quotes in it that I love, but here is my favorite:

"So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing things they think are important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning." -- Tuedays with Morrie



If you haven't read this book, go grab a copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment