Sunday, September 5, 2010

Los Angeles- Anniversary Weekend 2010

Last week I traveled to Los Angeles, California to visit Alex for our 6 year anniversary! I cannot believe we have been together for six years, because they have gone by so fast. We were only 15 and 16 and juniors in high school when we started dating, and now we are 21 and 22-- he's in graduate school and I have a professional job! I can only imagine how quickly another 6 years will go by. I'm very lucky that I found someone so special so early in life and that we have maintained our relationship through high school, separate colleges, and now the new challenges we face living in different states. We continue to grow in our love every day, and I can't wait to see what God has planned for us in the future.

Our weekend together went by so quickly, as we knew it would, but we had a wonderful time together and did so many things! I left Dallas Friday night and arrived in LA at 9:30 p.m. Alex picked me up from the airport and gave me a driving tour of a little bit of the city, and we headed back to his apartment. We relaxed, had a snack, and watched the first few minutes of I Love You, Man (which is kind of "our" movie) until the DVD player decided to stop working. At that point I was worn out since my internal clock was on Dallas time (2 hours later), so we called it a night.

Saturday we headed to Grauman's Chinese Theatre and walked all up and down the Walk of Fame. I loved seeing the famous actors' and actresses' hand and footprints, and I got a great view of the Hollywood sign! From there, we headed over to Beverly Hills, where we saw many very fancy cars, but unfortunately no celebrities. There were probably some around, but they did a good job of blending in! We went browsing along Rodeo Drive, which was very fun. I even bought a wristlet from Coach! The weather was gorgeous and I loved the palm trees. After relaxing at his apartment for a while, we got ready and went to P.F. Chang's in Santa Monica for our anniversary dinner. The food was delicious and we had a great night out. After dinner, we walked along the 3rd Street Promenade and headed to Santa Monica Pier. The Pier was really fun! Lots to see, and we walked down to the sand and got to see the ocean. It was a little chilly, but felt amazing compared to Texas heat! After the pier, we walked all along near the beach and admired the ridiculously huge houses.

Sunday morning we went up to USC campus, and Alex gave me a quick tour of the places he goes to most often. The campus was very very pretty. Then we went to visit his Uncle Jeremy. I had never met him before and I'm so glad I finally did, he's so nice! We were able to sit outside and enjoy a beautiful, sunny LA Sunday afternoon. After our visit, we went home for lunch and to pack my things, and before I knew it, Alex was dropping me off at the airport and I had to say goodbye. : ( It went by fast, but we had a great time. I miss him a lot and am hoping to go visit again in October.. we already have a list of things we want to do!









1 comment: