Thursday, December 27, 2012

Vacation Daydreaming


^This is where I wish I was.

A girl I know takes a beach vacation with her family the week between Christmas and New Year's Day every year. I think it's a great idea.  Spend Christmas Day at home, banish the post-Christmas blues by hitting the beach, and then be back in time to ring in the New Year with friends? Brilliant! 

I told my parents we need to jump on this bandwagon... mom was all for it, but dad still needs a little convincing.  Maybe next year.

All that to say, I am craving a trip.  Every few months, if I haven't left Dallas, I catch the travel bug and want to plan a trip somewhere, even if it's just a weekend away somewhere.  This summer I was lucky enough to go to Chicago and Marco Island, Florida, but the last time I left DFW was for my grandpa's funeral at the beginning of September.  

My roomie and I have talked about going to Boston in summer 2013, which would be awesome, and of course I am overdue for a trip to Los Angeles to visit my high school and college buddy, Caroline, but I am itching to go somewhere else, too.  I would also love to go on another trip with my Little, Ashley, but we haven't discussed any destinations yet.

Any suggestions? I'd love to hear them!  I'll be daydreaming about my next trip!  : )

4 comments:

  1. i do love that idea. I have a friend that does that too. NOT FAIR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should check out Charleston, South Carolina. It's on the water, awesome seafood and a lot to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I found you through the I love my Blog. Please stop by and say hi when you get a minute.. Happy New Year. :)

    ReplyDelete