Sunday, November 14, 2010

Blessed

While in the shower (where I always have my best moments of inspiration!) one day in late September, I came up with the idea of flying Alex home as a late birthday/early Christmas present. I knew he wasn't going to be able to come home until Christmas, and I knew that while he was happy and settled in LA, he did miss home. I also missed him too and knew his family would love to have him at home for a few days. As we started looking at weekends, it became clear that this was a perfect one. Alex was able to see his family, including visiting his brother at Baylor on sibling day, spend time with me, attend a TCU football game since Jenna, my former roomie and game buddy, was out of town, and even lead worship at his home church. It couldn't have worked out more perfectly, and I feel like by giving him this gift, we all received the gift of his presence.

This weekend was a reminder of how blessed I am to have an amazing boyfriend. Even though it is hard to be away from him for weeks at a time, I've realized something that changes my whole perspective on a long distance relationship: I am truly blessed to have someone, who I love and who loves me back, that is special enough to miss so much. I think we all just truly want to love someone and be loved back, and I am fortunate to have found such a person so early in my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment