In just over a month when he finishes finals (and is halfway done with his master's degree-- crazy!), Alex will come home to Texas for three whole months for the summer. Needless to say, I am ecstatic. I miss him a lot. It's hard to just see each other for long weekends every six weeks, so having three whole months together is going to be amazing.
Since we have the whole summer, we have created a "bucket list" of things we want to do together. Typically a bucket list is a list of things you want to do in life before you "kick the bucket." This is just a list of things we want to do this summer, so if you have a better name, I'm open to suggestions!
Check out what we have so far, and let us know if you have ideas! I will blog and share our adventures. : )
Julie + Alex's Summer 2011 Bucket List
1. Watch I Love You, Man (our tradition)
2. Have a pool party
3. Lay out by the pool and relax
4. Eat Thai food
5. Eat sushi
6. Cook a new dinner recipe together
7. Make a new dessert
8. Go to the zoo
9. Go hiking
10. Take a roadtrip
11. Go to the Arboretum
12. Go shopping and each buy something fun
13. Go dancing
14. Go running (Alex will make me a better runner!)
15. Watch fireworks
16. Go out in Uptown Dallas
17. Go out in Sundance Square in Fort Worth
18. Go to Cars and Coffee
19. Test drive a car.
20. Go rock climbing.
21. Volunteer for a service project.
22. Have a picnic.
23. Buy a lottery ticket. (Neither of us ever have!)
24. Go sky diving. (This one is a BIG maybe.)