Monday, September 17, 2012

The God on the Mountain is Still the God in the Valley

My mom passed along this email this morning-- she always gets the best ones! Of course I had to share.  It is easy to stand firm in your faith and God's plan when you are "up on the mountain" and things are going  well in your life, but it's when you're down in the valley that He really puts your heart to the test.  Such a powerful reminder that God is good, all the time, and that even when we're deep down in the valley, He is in control and will bring us back atop that mountain!




The God on the Mountain is Still the God in the Valley

“Life is easy when you’re up on the mountain
And you’ve got peace of mind like you’ve never known
But things change when you’re down in the valley
Don’t lose faith for you’re never alone!
You talk of faith when you’re up in the mountain
But talk comes easy when life’s at its best
Now it’s down in the valley of trials and temptations
That’s where your faith is really put to the test.
For the God on the mountain
Is still the God in the valley
When things go wrong He’ll make them right
And the God of the good times is God in the bad times
The God of the DAY is still the God of the NIGHT.”
-Claudia Miclaus

Words to Live By:

"One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do."
-Henry Ford

“I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there is no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me.”
-Charles Swindoll

“There is no use trying to help people who do not help themselves.  You cannot push anyone up the ladder unless he is willing to climb.”
-Author Unknown

“When you are in the valley, keep your goal firmly in view and you will get the renewed energy to continue to climb.”
-Denis Waitley

One sees great things from the valley; only small things from the peak.
-G K Chesterton

“The remarkable thing is that it is the crowded life that is most easily remembered.  A life full of turns, achievements, disappointments, surprises, and crisis is a life full of landmarks.  The empty life has even its few details blurred, and cannot be remembered with certainty."
-Eric Hoffer

No comments:

Post a Comment