Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday Social

Sunday Social



Linking up for "Sunday Social"- I've always loved a good survey! (Anyone remember the seemingly never-ending surveys back in the Xanga days?!)


1. What do you miss most about being a kid?
The endless possibilities for the future. 
Playing "pretend" with friends and making up stories-- which I still love to do whenever I'm with little kids! Swinging as high as you could.  
Also, I take back every time I didn't want to take a nap! 



2. Did you have a nickname growing up? What was it?
My parents mostly just called me by my name.  My dad had one nickname for me that I'd rather not share on here, but he also called me "Curler Top" when I had rollers in my hair, and "Miss Hollywood" whenever I had on sunglasses!

3. What was your favorite thing to do at recess?
In pre-school, we played a game called "Kissing Girl."  All the girls chased the boys around the playground screaming "Kissing Girl!" and said we'd kiss the boys if we ever caught them. We never did, of course... and I don't blame them for running! Then I tried to play the game in kindergarten, and our teacher told me I wasn't allowed to chase the boys anymore.  What a five-year-old rebel!

4. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to find a way to be a kindergarten teacher, pediatrician, and writer at the same time, and I didn't understand why my mom told me that was impossible!

5. What was your favorite toy?
I loved my baby dolls.  I had all the outfits, strollers, beds, etc., and played "mommy" to all of them.  My favorite doll, Cindy, looked like a real baby... plenty of people had to take a second look when I brought her on our shopping trips!

6. What is the funniest thing you did as a kid that your parents still remind you about? 
When I was two, I always left off the word "years" when telling people my age.  So "two years old" sounded like "too old," usually said nonchalantly while quickly showing two fingers.  I sounded two going on 22! 



4 comments:

  1. I take back all my nap refusals too! Whenever I am near a swing, I still wanna see how high I can go. :)

    New follower from Sunday Social

    Falen
    www.UpwardNotInward.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to stop by your blog from the link up because we have the same name. Then I HAD to comment because I am a Horned Frog too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "miss hollywood" such a cute nickname!

    xo, sarah grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still loving going on the swings :d & playing 'pretend' was actually one of my favourite games too!

    xoxo Grace

    ReplyDelete