Monday, February 3, 2014

Release



In hindsight, if I had to describe what I learned in 2013 in one word, it would be "contentment."  Looking back, if you asked me a year ago if I was content with where I was in life, I'm not sure that I could have answered yes truthfully.  I can now say with assurance that yes, I am so content with where the Lord has me right now, and know He's using this season of life for a purpose!

My community group leaders challenged each of us to come up with a word for 2014.  I knew the overall "feeling" of what I wanted to focus on, but couldn't come up with a word until I described it to my sweet friend Heather, and without hesitation, she gave me my word.

Release.

When I looked up the definition of release, just for extra context, I found it to mean to "allow or enable to escape from confinement; set free."  How perfect.

So, in 2014, I will release.  I will let go of worry and be reminded daily that my faith in the Lord and His perfect plan for my life means to trust Him. I will surrender a constant need to look ahead and plan for the future, and let God set me free with His grace and provision.

I will take in the present moments He has blessed me with, and be still and know that He is in charge.

I will turn on my favorite song and do an absolutely ridiculous dance first thing in the morning, and be okay with it.  (Heather, this one is for you!)

I will be joyful ALWAYS, regardless of the circumstances, because my strength in the hard times and the happy ones comes from the one who gives life.

I will take every opportunity to encourage others, and open myself up  to be poured into by them.

Knowing Him will be the lens through which I see the world, and I will remember that my words and actions are a reflection of Christ as one of His followers.  In all that I say and all that I do, I will strive to bring glory to our heavenly Father.
        

"And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you." -Psalm 9:10


What's your word this year?

 

1 comment:

  1. Release - I love it! I so needed to read this today! Thanks for sharing (:

    ReplyDelete