Sunday, March 2, 2014

Lately I'm Loving...

This has felt like a long winter.  To me at least.  Anyone else?  It probably has something to do with the Snowpacolypse hitting so early in the season that's made it seem to drag on.  Also, the fact that I was laying by the pool in my bikini yesterday afternoon and bundled up walking to church this morning in the sleet is a great example of the nature of our great state. I love Texas.

Anyway,  enough about the weather! I'm sure I'll be wishing for cooler temperatures come August.

What I'm loving lately:
1. Community group.  It's so much easier to walk in the light when you're surrounded by those who will keep you there and encourage you with grace and accountability.  Six months into being part of this group we've had our share of struggles, but I truly cannot imagine my life without them now.  Last Sunday we had the opportunity to be on a panel in front of men and women of all ages going through the process to be placed in a group, sharing about fun and fellowship.  We certainly know a lot about that! : )

Two stepping... one of many ways we have fun!
 
 
2. Friendships in general.  I hosted a girls night several weeks ago and failed to take any pictures! There were sweet friends from TCU, from church, from work, that I met post-college, and even those I met through other friends. Many of them had never met each other until that night, so it was a brain test for me to introduce them all to each other and explain how I knew them! We had wine and sweets and watched the Olympics.  I plan to host another one soon!

3. Quality time with Jon.  We started dating a few months ago, and the more we grow in our relationship, the more thankful I am for him! Between him working full time and getting his MBA, and my work and activities, our quality time together is limited, but that makes it all the more sweet. 

4. Being reminded that my job is a gift.  Though, like anyone, I experience days of burnout, I work for an organization that is impacting lives daily, in a setting where I'm surrounded by the most caring, intelligent people, that allows me to use my God-given talents to benefit others.

My team!


5. Quiet time.  I've been much more intentional about this lately, and it's essential to stay sane and focused on what matters in an insane world.  I've made it a point to spend time daily in the Bible, to read for fun more, and to get enough sleep.  All of these things make a huge difference in my physical, mental, and spiritual health!
Taking advantage of a recent warm day to just be still and soak up nature
 
 
I'm off to watch the Oscars and do laundry, daydreaming of warmer weather!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment