Sunday, August 17, 2014

As of Late


Rain is falling hard on this sleepy Sunday morning, and I'm up early sipping chocolate and caramel coffee and drinking in the quiet stillness before church and before I give in to the laundry and dishes awaiting me.

This is the best I have truly felt in a month.  Remember last time when I posted that I had laryngitis?  Three doctor visits, three rounds of antibiotics, and varying diagnoses of laryngitis, an upper respiratory infection, bronchitis and possible whooping cough later, we're pretty sure it was just a virus that didn't want to vacate my body.

Whatever it was, I'm thankful that it's pretty much gone now, thankful for amazing friends and family and coworkers who check in and help take care of me, thankful that this happened during a manageable season at work, and thankful for the reminder that God built us to need rest.  Sometimes I let pride get the best of me and overestimate what I'm capable of, and this definitely broke me down and forced me to be still and get well.

celebratory meal for the return of my appetite and sense of smell & taste. no regrets. 

also happening as of late:

Bridal shower for my dear friend, Kimmy, before she and Drew say "I do" in October.  Kimmy and I met on our first day of colorguard camp at TCU 8 years ago, and I am so looking forward to her bachelorette party and, of course, her wedding!
  



My community group has been together for a whole year- we made it! We've had our ups and downs, as with any truly authentic relationships, but they are some of the first people I turn to when something good or bad happens or I'm in need of prayer.  It's hard to believe that just over a year ago, I didn't know any of them.

Hebrews 10:24-25 
Missing a few. #CGselfie 

Jon has two whole weeks between classes for his MBA, so we've been enjoying more time together than usual.  I'm glad he has this little break before starting the next round- he needed it, and I needed it too! Even though I'm not the one in classes or studying, I do like to see him once in a while. ; )  He works so hard and I'm super proud of him. 
not a recent picture, but a favorite of mine

My momma came over and helped me decorate the last part of my apartment- the fireplace. I love it. It has been so fun to make this place my home over the past year, and I just renewed my lease for another year. Thankful to enjoy this season of life and what it's teaching me! 



No comments:

Post a Comment