Thursday, February 11, 2010

I'm dreaming of a white... Valentine's Day?

Disclaimer: I stole the title from my lovely grandlittle, Kayla, because I thought it was so fitting.

I could not have asked for a better day for a snow day. It has been a busy week, and I stayed up very late last night working on the multiple assignments that I had due today. I finally crawled into bed at 4 a.m., hoping for a snow day but totally not expecting one. It seems like when you THINK it will be a snow day, it never is. When my alarm went off at 8 a.m., I was not ready to get up and spend 6 hours in class, but then I saw the text message saying classes were cancelled. I was so excited, I jumped out of my bed and looked out my 3rd floor apartment window and saw a beautiful blanket of snow decorating the ground, trees, and roof. I think God knew exactly what I needed today, because I really needed a day to rest and catch up on laundry and homework. I promptly shut off my alarm, climbed back in my warm bed, and slept for 3 more hours. I only have classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so technically I will have had an entire week off by the time I go back to class on Tuesday. What a blessing!

In between writing a paper and doing laundry today, my roommate and I went outside and played in the pristine, white wonderland that beckoned to us from our warm apartment. Once I got over the initial shock of stepping into a thick, powdery layer of snow, I was more than happy to plough my way around our apartment complex, taking pictures and marveling at the white frosting that coated everything. It was absolutely beautiful, and so peaceful. I've been a Texas girl my whole life, so this was by far the most snow I've ever seen in my whole life! The snow was gently coming down as we played in it, and it was perfect. I made snow angels, which I hadn't done since I was little, and made a cute snowman family. My fingers started to go numb, so I had to go back inside, but I've been so content to watch the snow continue to fall the rest of the day. What a beautiful present just before Valentine's Day!






No comments:

Post a Comment