These are wonderful. I'm thinking about posting them on my mirror where I will see them every morning.
1. Stay positive. You can listen to cynics and negative people or you can have faith and an optimistic attitude and that all things are possible.
2. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement: My purpose today is ____________.
3. Take a morning walk – it will create a mind ready for success.
4. Instead of being disappointed about where you are, think optimistically about where you are going.
5. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
6. Remember that adversity is not a dead-end but a detour to a better outcome.
7. Focus on learning, loving, growing and serving.
8. Expect good things to come out of challenging experiences.
9. Don’t waste precious energy on gossip, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
10. Mentor someone and be mentored by someone.
11. Live with the 3 E’s – Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy.
12. Remember there is no substitute for hard work.
13. Focus – each day when you wake up in the morning ask: What are the three most important things I need to do today that will help me be successful? Focus on these actions for the day.
14. Implement a no complaining rule. Complaining is like vomiting. Afterwards you feel better but everyone around you feels sick.
15. Read more books than you did in 2010.
16. Get more sleep. You can’t replace sleep with a double latte.
17. Focus on “get to” versus “have to.” Each day focus on what you get to do, not what you have to do. Life is a gift, not an obligation.
18. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statement. I am thankful for __________.
19. Smile and laugh more. They are natural anti-depressants.
20. Enjoy the ride. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy it.