Sunday, January 9, 2011

2011

2011 has already started off nicely. Back to work, spent lots of time with family, a few more days with Alex before he headed back to California yesterday, and time with friends.

The highlight of 2011 so far has definitely been....TCU WINNING THE ROSE BOWL!!!
I sure picked a wonderful time to attend that little private school from Fort Worth. I have loved watching how far our football program has come during my four years as a student there and throughout my first year as an alum! Never been more proud to be a Horned Frog!!

I wasn't sure what to make my resolutions this year. In the past, a lot of them have revolved around school, but I can no longer say "Make straight A's." or "Study every night." etc. etc.

However, here are my resolutions/goals for 2011. Let's hope I can stick to them, but keep in mind that life happens and you always have to adjust for everything that's unexpected!

1. Go to the gym 5 days a week and do at least 30 minutes of exercise. (Ideally, 30 minutes cardio plus some abs.)
2. Get more sleep.
3. Pay off 1/3 of my total college loans (with the goal being to have the majority of them paid off by my 25th birthday.)
4. Open a savings account and put money in it every month, and not touch it.
5. Keep my office and emails organized. Don't let being busy at work make me stressed.
6. Keep my room clean and organized.
7. Make time for friends and go out and have fun. I'm only young once.
8. Continue to grow in my faith, whether this means finding a church I'm happy with or devoting more time to prayer and Bible study.
9. Don't worry so much. God is in charge.
10. Be true to myself and don't be influenced negatively by others. If I listen to my own heart, it will never lead me astray. : )

Wishing you all a 2011 filled with good health, happiness, blessings and love!

1 comment:

  1. Some very admirable goals here. Remember that I am always here for you even though I live in LA. I would love to work together in order to grow stronger in Christ. I love you!

    ReplyDelete