Monday, March 11, 2013

Fun, Productivity, and Relaxation


My ideal weekend is a combination of fun, productivity, and relaxation.  Fortunately, this weekend consisted of all three!

With all the time I spend at work and other activities during the week, Saturday and Sunday are my best opportunities to clean, grocery shop, etc. Not to mention that I view them as an opportunity to re-charge, clear my head, and prepare for a new week.  That downtime is so important! Therefore, I almost always manage to take a nap every weekend... even when I don't intend to! In college I was the queen of naps, so now I have to take them when I can get them!

And, of course, I'm a big believer in having fun and a great personal life beyond one's career.  So I made sure to fit in plenty of playtime this weekend.  Somehow I only managed to take one picture of these festivities, so you'll have to use your imagination!

I left work a little early on Friday and got a massage... how's THAT for relaxation?! Friday night consisted of sushi and hair curling lessons with my sweet friend Heather. She's really talented at things like cake baking, decorating, and styling hair.  I have never been good at curling my hair, so she attempted to teach me. (See above).  There may be hope for me yet!

Saturday morning I played Bingo at the nursing home, and the residents were extra feisty, perhaps because of the gloomy weather. I hope I'm that spirited when I'm an old lady!  That night the roomie and I had Tex-Mex with a big group to celebrate a friend's birthday, and I later met up with more friends for dessert--go big or go home, right? 

And Sunday consisted of church, lunch with new friends, and a lot of the "productive" part of my weekend... with some prosecco and Teen Mom 2 thrown in! : )

Here's to feeling refreshed and ready for another full week.... how was your weekend?
 

2 comments:

  1. Just stopping by from the link up to say hello! :)
    stop by my blog...i have giveaways!!!
    www.jaxandmarbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very energetic blog, I liked that bit. Maybe there is a part 2?


    my site: http://aquaversum.net

    ReplyDelete