Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Leopard Spots & Polka Dots

wiww banner

Texas weather can be such a trickster sometimes.  A couple of weeks ago, we were flirting with spring and I was overjoyed to pull out my sandals and short sleeves.  This week it was back to chilly temps, and I was reacquainted with my winter coats. I suppose this is okay since I have a major love affair with my pink J. Crew coat and will be sad to put it away until next year.

I'm starting to get a little burned out on my winter wear, so I've tried to get creative.  I like to think that picking out an outfit in the morning before work is a little brain booster.  What can I say, I work at a brain research center!

I'd only ever worn this leopard skirt with black tights and a cardigan, but I grabbed this ruffled top, normally a summery piece for me, an added a jacket, both for warmth and to really pull it together. Normally I don't like to wear my hair in a ponytail, but for some reason, I received several compliments on it that day and was told I looked very professional- score!


Shirt, bracelet, earrings: Target // Skirt: Nordstrom

I also gave this whole bracelet-stacking business a whirl.  Everyone else seems to be able to pull this off, but it has yet to work for me- maybe because my wrists are small and nothing stays in place? Or perhaps I'm just not stacking the right pieces?

Any stacking pros out there who can help a sister out?

As for a "going out" outfit this weekend, I put together my red jeans with a polka dot top and loved the combination- wish I had tried this sooner! And I finally figured out how to curl my own hair. More on this later.  Let me tell you, it's a little bit of a miracle!

Shirt: Old Navy // Jeans: Dillard's

1 comment:

  1. Caaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuute! You're SO pretty, girlfriend! LOVE the polka dots, obviously. :)

    ReplyDelete